You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Bengaluru Book Festival

A 10 day book exhibition festival was inaugurated by the Jnanpith Awrdee Chandrasekhara Kambara on Friday the 18th October at the Gayatri Vihar, Palace grounds. There are about 340 book stalls with books of Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi, Urdu, English and other languages covering an area of 2.5 lakhs sq ft area.

About 200 publishers from all over India will participate in the exhibition. The stalls will be open from 11 am to 8 pm and is expected to net a turnover of Ts 15 crores during the festival. There will be a seminar on the burning issue f piracy and production and marketing of - books from 5 pm on 20-11-11.

There will be special entertainment programs on all the days in the evenings during the festival. On 22nd November there will be a magic show, classical dance on 24th and on 25th there will be folk music. The festival will close on 27th November, 2011.
    This is the ninth session organised by the Bangalore booksellers and publishers association. Admission for this Book festival 2011 is free for senior citizens and students who will show a valid identity card from their college. For all others the entry fee is Rs. 20/- per head.

These kinda festivals are great! I love to participate in such kinda festives.. I am in love with the books and always in search to have a collection of book from any corner of world..I even shop online..Thanks a lot for sharing!

Lehengas Online

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.