You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Others

How did you feel on 'Bus Day' on 4th January?

I have heard about the popularity of public transport at Bangalore. Bangalore is now running air-conditioned buses also and the frequencies is reportedly increased on the 'Bus Day'. The Corporation running these buses is showing profit also which is incredible. I would like to know your experience about these buses. Are these really good and luxurious buses? Do people like to use these buses on the 4th of every month more frequently and avoid using their cars and other personal transport? I feel this experiment should be done at other places of Karnataka and even elsewhere in the country. Members may narrate their experiences.
    The Transport department of Karnataka state both the Bengaluru City and the Interstate sections is in the top most position of Road Transport corporations in the whole country. It was awarded so. Except for a few buses both in the city and the mofffusil sectors the buses are all good and comfortable. The A/c buses are excellent and the journeys will not be tiring.

As to the use mostly the software company employees and the middle class use the A/c buses. This service is available to many parts of the city from various points and are popular. Only dung the peak hours these services are full. Other times these buses will be be used only by very few passengers. Introduction of these services have marginally reduced the use of cars on the roads. There is not much difference on the days of bus days except perhaps there may be a marginal increase in the number of passengers on these days. In the beginning this bus day system was introduced people were attracted to travel in these.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.