You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Should we learn to play musical instruments?

Music has been termed the soul of life. It is the single most important thing in our lives that has the capacity to make a man cry, laugh, smile, happy, sad with just a subtle variation in the tune. They also say that Indian music is the world ruler. It is the source of all other music. Hence it was a tradition in our country's people that they learn to play at least one of the many musical instruments.

I think it is extremely important that the current lot of children too are educated on this importance and be made to learn music. It is the source of fun and entertainment for all of us. Also there seems to be lack on interest on the part of the children these days. This is simply because the parents are alienating them from music by providing alternatives like mobile, computer etc. Music is something which helps us recuperate from sad events, helps us relive stress and it also has been proved to improve concentration powers of the players.

I think every child should know to play at least one musical instrument and carry forward the legacy of people like Zakir Hussain, Sultan Khan, Bismillah Khan and many more!
    Yes, I agree with you that all of us should know how to play a musical instrument. It can be a great source of relieving the stress not only for one who plays a musical instrument but also for other members of the family and friends. It is better to learn playing a musical instrument than to be in bad company and learn bad habits. Music can even change the temperament of the learner. Having a source of entertainment with full involvement can be a great friend in solitude.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.