You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Allowing school students to use bikes for transportation in schools is good or bad?

Today many schools are allowing students to use bikes inside school. Is it necessary for students at school age? Most of the schools are conducting the examinations around 7 am in morning and so students are forced to use bikes to reach in time. At the same time many accidents are happening during the peak hours in morning. Students will be eligible to get license for driving vehicle only after they complete schooling. Permitting them to use two wheelers before getting license is not good. Instead school buses can be increased or exams can be scheduled around 10 a.m. I request all the members to discuss about this topic and give your suggestions.
    Children are growing up real fast these days. They are doing things which their previous generation didn't do at their age and one of such things is driving. Previously there weren't too much vehicles as it is now. Only rich peoples could afford them. But in the present scenario the purchasing power of people has increased many fold so they are able to buy vehicles for their children. It's alright if they are 18 or above, but if they are below 18 then as per the law they should avoid driving.

It's almost daily that we hear news of road accidents. Roads are not playground, they can be very dangerous too. Some school students bring their vehicles to school and other students too start imitating them. By doing this not only are they risking their lives but also risking the lives of other peoples who travel on the road. They should me made aware of the road safety. It is also the responsibility of the parents to prevent their children from riding vehicles until a suitable age.

Quite often I observe very young students using bikes for attending their school every morning. Many a times I have seen policemen stopping them, but there no major change in this trend. Most of them are not even wearing helmets though it is compulsory. Many of them are seen going on high speed also. There are school buses all over the city but may be some do not prefer availing that facility. I think it is the duty of the parents to guide their wards on this issue. Their leniency can cause problem for the young students themselves and for others as well. They may have the skills to drive or handle bikes but the maturity and negotiating ability come with age.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.