You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

How to avoid tension while preparing for competition exam ?

Board exams has been started and as soon they will finish many competitive entrance exams like PMT, PET, IIT, JEE, CPMT, AIPMT will be start. Many students have been preparing for these exam for a long time. They are taking coaching for clear these exams. Some of them had started their preparation after 10th.
    Most of them have given a good performance overall. But as the time is coming close the students are suffering from the fever of tension. This is fear to get failed in these exam. This is the reason students can not perform expected in the exam. Because they become nervous.
    Everybody know that in tension one can not perform better. Here I am wanting some suggestions- ' How to avoid tension during the critical time of entrance exam period'
    Pre-exam days are the most stressful days in student life and we all are familiar with it. And the day before exam and the exam day the student are filled with anxiety and tension which is so very noticeable among the student's face. But it can be fully avoided.

Student should finish their syllabus before time and they should only do revision before the exam day. Solving sample paper are a great help in reducing tension. I myself had solve 7 to 8 sample paper before exam and in the examination hall i felt as if i was solving a similar sample paper. A few minute meditation before exam hours also helps in reducing tension to great extent. And i would also like to share my own method of supression tension that is by chewing gum or almond which really help me to reduce exam stress.
    Exams has to be attempted without tension and with a casual manner, without fear and with hundred percent confidence. Please study all the important questions and try to understand the important points there in. If you remember points, then building up the answer becomes easy. Also try to answer those questions which are easy first. Please answer the objective types and fill in the blanks and that will ease the tension further. This way make the exam enjoyable.

Today tension is there everywhere in all the exams, no matter whether they are board exams or competitive exams. The competitive exams seem to be more difficult than the board exams because the time bound is stricter there than the board exams. In the board exams, you have 3 hours to write detailed answers, but in the competitive exams, you have just1-1.5 hour to answer for some 100-200 multiple choice questions and there is negative marking also in these exams, so you can't wildly guess the answer and mark any one answer. If you do so, you have depend on luck, as it may or may not be the correct answer. besides that, the problem with these exams is that as the next career of the candidates mostly depends on the results of these exams. Even though this is true in the case of the board exams also, more so in the case of competitive exams.
    To avoid tension in such exams, we have to take these exams as just any other exam and need not to take it too seriously. These exams are also like any other exams and we always get more opportunities and there is no end of the road if we fail once in the exam. We can always take a second opportunity. We need not to treat these exams as any special exams. They are also like any other exams and need to be handled with care, not fear! If we fail in one, we need not to take it seriously. That failure is just an experience and nothing like a defeat. I have myself taken many such exams and have failed more times than I have passed!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.