1) Under preparation or not prepared at all
2) Examination is just to score the marks
3) Why should I do the hard work when there is a shortcut available
4) I don't believe in morals or ethics for me the important point is whether I had cleared the exam or not
5) I have the power and support of people and nobody can dare to touch me even if I malpractice
6) I am not interested in this subject its only parents who have pressurized me to take up this subject how can I prepare for some thing in which I am not interested.
All the above points or a combination of them are the prime reason for students getting into malpractices. However they look for only short term solutions without knowing the long term impact of the consequences.