Resources » Karnataka State and Politics » State Government
List of Karnataka ministers
Are you looking for the list of Karnataka ministers? This resource provides the list of current ministers in Karnataka.
Current state government is formed by BJP and the chief minister of Karnataka is Mr. B. S. Yeddyurappa. The government was formed in June 2008, after the assembly election held in May 2008.
In the last state assembly election, BJP emerged as the single largest party with 110 assembly seats in the 224 seat assembly. With just few seats short for absolute majority, BJP was invited to form the government in Karnataka. Several independent candidates offered support for the BJP government and many of them were made ministers in Karnataka.
List of Karnataka ministers
The following are the cabinet ministers of Karnataka:
1. B S Yediyurappa - Chief minister, Cabinet affairs, Ecology and Environment, Intelligence, Urban Development Department (excluding BWSSB, municipalities and local bodies), Kannada and culture, mines and geology, Forests, Department of Public Enterprises, DPAR, Finance
2. S Suresh Kumar - Law, justice and human rights, parliamentary affairs, municipal administration
3. V S Acharya - Home
4. K S Eshwarappa - Energy
5. R Ashok - Transport
6. C M Udasi - Public Works
7. Arvind Limbavali - Higher Education
8. Ramachandra Gowda - Medical Education
9. Visvesvara Hegde Kageri - Primary and Secondary Education
10. Katta Subramanya Naidu - Excise, BWSSB, Information and BT, Science & Technology
11. G Janaradhan Reddy - Tourism and Infrastructure Development
12. G Karunakara Reddy - Revenue
13. S K Belubbi - Horticulture
14. B Sriramalu - Health and Family Welfare
15. Basavaraj Bommai - Youth services and Sports
16. Govind M Karjol - Major and medium irrigation
17. Murugesh Nirani - Large and medium-scale industries
18. Laxman Savadi - Cooperation
19. Haratal Halappa - Food and civil supplies and consumer affairs
20. Krishnaiah Chetty - Hosuing and Muzrai
21. Krishna Palemar - Fisheries, ports, small savings and lotteries
22. Revunaik Belamagi - Animal Husbandry
23. Shobha Karandlaje - Rural development and panchayat raj
24. B N Bachhe Gowda - Labour
25. S A Ravindranath - Agriculture
26. Mumtaz Ali Khan - Haj, wakf and minority welfare
27. Govind M Jarjok - Minor Irrigation, planning and statistics
The following ministers are independents and do not belong to the BJP. Since the majority received by BJP was not very high, the party decided to take support from many independent MLAs and many of them were offered ministerial berth.
28. D Sudhakar - Social welfare
29. Shivaraj Tangadagi - Agriculture marketing, Sugar
30. Glihatti D Shekhar - Textiles, youth services
31. P M Narendraswamy - Women and child development
32. Venkataramanappa - Small scale industries and sericulture
If there are any changes in the list of ministers in Karnataka, we will update this page.
Read related articles: Government
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...