Jog Falls is located in Shimoga, which has no airport or airstrip. However, Jog Falls Karnataka is accessible by road from major cities and towns in Karnataka, including Bangalore, the capital city.
How to Go by Air to Jog Falls Karnataka
1. The nearest airport to Jog Falls Karnataka is the Mangalore International Airport. Formerly called the Bajpe Airport, the Mangalore International Airport is located in the town of Bajpe.
Flights to Mangalore International Airport:
(i) Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines operate flights from Bangalore to Mangalore International Airport.
(ii) Kingfisher Airlines operates flights from Chennai & Cochin to Mangalore International Airport.
(iii) Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, Indian, and Air-India Express operate flights from Mumbai to Mangalore International Airport.
From the Mangalore International Airport, the distance to Jog Falls Karnataka is about 200kms.
2. You can also catch a flight from most major cities in India to Bengaluru International Airport and from there travel by road to Jog Falls Karnataka.
3. Another option it to take a flight to Hubli Airport from Bangalore. Kingfisher Airlines also operates flights to Hubli from Hyderabad and Mumbai.
How to Go by Road to Jog Falls Karnataka
1. The best way to reach Jog Falls Karnataka is to book the KSTDC tourist package, which costs about Rs.1250/- per person. This KSTDC tourist package to Jog Falls includes the to-and-fro trip as well as a short stay at KSTDC Hotel in Sagar and sightseeing trips to a few attractions near Jog Falls.
2. From Bangalore you have to take the NH 206 to Shimoga. It takes about 6 to 7 hours to reach Shimoga by road from Bangalore. Route from Bangalore to Jog Falls: Bangalore - Tumkur - Arisikere - Shimoga - Sagar - Jog Falls
How to Go by Bus to Jog Falls Karnataka
It generally takes about 7 hours between Shimoga and Bangalore by bus. It is a good idea to take the overnight bus to and fro as then you can spend nearly 4-5 hours exclusively at Jog Falls Karnataka. Similarly, it takes about 7 hours between Mysore and Shimoga. From Shimoga, you can board buses to Sagar and from Sagar another bus to Jog Falls.
1. Timings of Shimoga to Bangalore Buses: there are more than 60 bus trips from 00.15hrs. to 24.00hrs. at regular intervals.
2. Timings of Shimoga to Mysore Buses: 6a.m. to 11p.m. – there are regular buses departing from Mysore throughout the day, every hour and also sometimes every half-hour.
3. Timings of Shimoga to Mangalore Buses: 06.30, 07.45, 09.15, 10.15, 12.45, 9.30, 22.45hrs., 00.30hrs.
4. Timings of Shimoga to Hubli Buses: 05.45, 11.00, 11.30, 13.15hrs., 13.45hrs.
5. Timing of Shimoga to Chennai Bus: 14.45hrs.
How to Go by Train to Jog Falls Karnataka
Talguppa in Shimoga is the nearest railway station to Jog Falls Karnataka.Those who have visited Jog Falls Karnataka, however, say that going by train is not a great idea, as the time spent travelling can be more fruitfully utilised with some more hours at the scenic waterfalls. You can either take a train from Bangalore to Sagar, which is about 30kms away from Jog Falls, or take a direct train to Shimoga, do some sightseeing there and then proceed to Jog Falls.
Bangalore to Shimoga Trains: 287A (13.00hrs.) and 6227 (04.10)
Shimoga to Bangalore Trains: 288A (14.00hrs.) and 6228 (23.10hrs.)
You can also travel by train from Mysore to Shimoga and from Hubli to Shimoga.
For Shimoga Railways & other contact information please see: Contact Information for Jog Falls Karnataka.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...