Karnataka State and Politics
Karnataka Budget 2011-2012 Features and Details
: 20 (
The complete details of Karnataka State budget 2011-2012 is given here. The budget is rightly called as an Agriculture budget. Read the article for features of agri budget, Yeddyurappa agriculture budget, features of Yeddyurappa 2011-2012 budget etc.
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa presented the fifteenth budget of the state today (24th February 2011). The budget is unanimoulsy called as the
- the first one of it's kind supporting the agriculture sector of Karnataka heavily. According to the ubudget presented by Yeddyurappa, Rs 17,857 crore will be spent on various agriculutral programs and policies for 2011-2012 financial year.
Key features of the Agri- Budget
Reduction of rate of interests on crop loans
of up to Rs 3 lakh from cooperative institutions would be reduced from 3 per cent to 1 per cent. The rest of the money will be taken care of by the Karnataka Governemnt itself, the Chief Minister said during the presentation of budget. But for the crop loans taken from commercial banks upto Rs. 50,000 will be kept as such(3% interest).
'Suvarna Bhoomi Yojana'
scheme, Rs 1,000 crore would be provided for development of 10 lakh farmer's families . This will include two lakh Scheduled Caste and one lakh Scheduled Tribe members from the state.
3. Rs 200 crore for
skill development and training. Under the budget scheme, the number of organic farmers will be rised from 72,000 to 5,28,000 .
4. Yeddyurappa also allocated sufficient budget for irrigation facilities. Rs 100 crore subsidy for
drip irrigation and sprinkler irrigation
. Rs. 3,900 crore will be provided to supply quality power to irrigation pumpsets and Rs 1,000 crore to rejuvenate tanks and fill water in dried tanks. He wanted to this time span as
and as a step towards it Rs 50,000 crore is allocated for water resources development.
5. Rs 40 crore for extending the
programme to all 30 districts of the state. This soil enrichment program will cover 30 lakh farmers and 31 lakh hectares.
6. Government will start
Diploma and certificate courses
in agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry and fishery and during 2011-2012. This action is taken to negotiate the shortage in trained man power in the state. Abou 1000 students will be given long duration training and 3,000 students will get short duration training.
7. Proposal of Global Agro-Investment Meet for the first time in India and also plans to formulate a Karnataka Agri Business Development Policy. The Karnataka state Government is planning to condcut Global Agro Investment Meet in June, 2011, to attract large number of investors to Karnataka Agriculture sector.
8. Rs 9 core has been made to increase paddy and sugarcane productivity and Rs 60 crore provided in 2011-12 to facilitate the purchase of quality seeds with a 50 per cent subsidy.
0. Rs 40 crore
modern mobile unit
in each taluk. The function of this unit is to carry out extension work in agriculture, horticulture and animal husbandry. There's another Rs 10 crore special grant for floriculture development.
Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
with a minimum capital of Rs 500 crore to attract the investment needed to develop infrastructure for the sector. The budget also increased an the Agriculture Revolving Fund corpus to Rs 1,000 crore. The Chief Minister has alos allocated Rs 100 crore subsidy for agricultural purchases.
11. Government has allocated sufficient money for the higher education facilities of farmer's children.
Interest free loan for farmer's children
for higher education.
12. Government is planning for a
sugar cane development
by the 2011-2012 budget. Under the budget, Government will provide Rs 2.5 crore for the development of Sugarcane Research Institute at Mandya and Belgaum and Rs 15 crore for the rejenuvation of MySugar factory.
13. Provision of Rs 5 crore for construction of 50
, Rs 100 crore for construction of small harbours and Rs 100 crore for construction of warehouses.
Karnataka Budget 2011 Highlights
Read related articles:
Karnataka Budget 2011 Live
Karnataka Budgets 2011
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Karnataka Budget 2011-2012 Features and Details"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Get Articles by Email
A tourist in Karnataka?
Useful Kannada Words
Passport Seva Kendra
Regional Passport Office, Bangalore
Looking for helplines?
Bangalore Telephone Directory
GESCOM Customer Care
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.