Taste of Karnataka Sambar Recipe
South Indian sambar is famous throughout the country. The taste of Karnataka sambar recipe is unique and delicious. The ingredients used for the preparation of Karnataka sambar recipe is almost same like the ingredients of south Indian sambar. The taste of this recipe differ slightly by the method of preparing Karnataka sambar powder and the style of preparation. The taste resembles udupi sambar recipe. This is the best side dish for idli, dosa,pongal and Rice.
Karnataka sambar recipe is usually not prepared by using a single vegetable. The uses of mixed vegetable in this preparation are the main reason for its delicious taste. The main difference in this sambar is the use of big onion and jiggery, which gives slight sweet taste to Sambar. We will see the ingredients and preparation method of Karnataka sambar recipe.
Ingredients Needed for Karnataka Sambar Recipe
toor dal one cup
2 cups of mixed vegetables
You can use the vegetables like potatoe, turnip, drumstick, tomatoe brinjal etc.
One cup of fresh coconut (grind the coconut by adding required water.
Tamarind 2inch length
jiggery 2 inch length
red chilies 4
One teaspoon of coriander powder
one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
One teaspoon of sesame seeds
One teaspoon of cumin seeds
One teaspoon of mustard seeds
One teaspoon of turmeric powder
asafetida as required
curry leaves as required
coriander leaves as required
Salt as required
How to make Karnataka Sambar Recipe
• Take the toor dal clean and wash to remove the dust. Soak it for 2 hours.
• Fry the coconut by adding little oil and grind nicely.
• The fry the other ingrediants seperatly, first add the mustard seeds then coriander powder, fenugreek seeds, sesame seeds and cumin seeds fry this like golden brown.
• Grind this seperatly like paste form and mix with the ground coconut paste.
• Take a Pressure cooker and boil the soaked dal with little turmeric powder and 1 tsp of oil and put weight and leave two whistles.
• Open the cooker and make a dal like a paste and keep it aside.
• Take a pan anf fry the chopped vegetables by addinf 1 tsp of oil then add asafetida, tamarind, jaggery, curry leaves and fry well.
• Leave it for 2 min to get fry then add the ground paste of masala with coconut and boil the sambar for about 10min in sim.
• Finally garnish the sambar with finely chopped coriander leaves.
• Delicious Karnataka Sambar Recipe is ready for your taste.
• This Karnataka samber is best side dish for Iddli, Dosa, pongal and Rice.