Why was new ration card issue stopped in Karnataka?
The issue of new ration card procedure was stopped by the Food, Civil supplies and Consumer department, Government of Karnataka mainly to find out the duplicate ration cards. More than 12lakhs of ineligible and bogus ration cards has been noticed. Investigation is continuing further and the department is expecting to find out some more such ration cards in future. The new online form
will provide ration cards for the deprived community at large.
What are the details to be provided for new ration card for rural residents in Karnataka?
1. Villagers have to visit the gram panchayat office to fill the form with an application fee of Rs.10/- per family.
2. The name of the Gram panchyat, house address, house property number, RR number of the electricity bill, name of the family members and relationship, date of birth of all members of the family(if date of birth is not known you can mentioned the year of birth), profession and annual income of members of the family, years of stay in that particular residence.
3. If they have LPG connection, the latest bill should be produced.
4. If they are farmers the land survey number details should be provided.
5. Contact number-mobile or landline or e-mail if any should be intimated.
All the related documents should be properly filled in the form and should be provided to the inspectors of the department in original when they will visit the residence which will be informed to inmates before arrival through the contact number provided at the time of form fill up.
What are the details to be provided for new ration card in urban residentsin Karnataka ?
The urban residents can directly fill the form online with the below required details and these has to produced on request during the house visit by the inspectors of the department for which the date of visit will be intimated to the residents by phone.
1. Name of the city, municipality and ward number along with residence area should be mentioned clearly in the form.
2. RR number of electricity bill (if rented house, the share of amount paid for the electricity bill can be mentioned), pin code with complete address mentioning the landmark for the residence.
3. Annual income of the members of the family with complete name.
4. Address of the presently staying residence and tenure of stay. Phone number and email id if any should be provided.
5. If the resident has already received the adhaar card, you can provide the details in the new ration card form during form fill up.
What is ward number, how to find out ward number of my area?
1. You can find this ward number mentioned in the IT returns copy, if you are filing the returns every year.
2. You can also get the details from the corporate tax paid receipt, which will be paid by you every year. This information can be known only when you have a own house.
3. In case of rented houses, please check with your house owner for ward number details.
Some small queries related to new ration card are :-
1. If you have changed your place of stay from one city to another, then you have to submit a surrender certificate. Then the ration card will new ration card will be issued in the present city where you are staying.
2. If you are married and staying in a different house and not connected with the main family, then you have to submit a deletion certificate where you name will be removed from the list of members in main family ration card.
3. Any kind hand written applications will not be accepted expect for the online applications for the new ration card.
4. Last date for submission of new ration card form is not yet mentioned; hence do not fill the form in a hurry. Please note that the entire document requested by the authorities is with you before submission.