The Common entrance Test which is familiarly known as the CET which has been conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority, Govt of Karnataka will be held on every year and prior to the engineering Colleges, courses admissions. I have taken the topic CET 2012 to talk about in this article which is going to decide the Karnataka Engineering admissions 2012.
Karnataka-Common Entrance Test 2012
What is the purpose of the Karnataka CET 2012?
As we have seen above, the Karnataka CET has been conducted every year for the filtering process of the candidates who desire to apply for the Engineering admissions 2012 based on the characteristics like eligibility, merit from the following courses like;
1. First year or First semester of full time courses in Medical,
2. First year or first semester of full time courses in Dental,
3. First year or First semester of full time courses in Ayurveda,
4. First year or First semester of full time courses in Homoeopathy,
5. First year or First semester of full time courses in Unani,
6. First year or First semester of full time courses in Naturopathy & Yoga,
7. First year or First semester of full time courses in Engineering,
Technology courses, in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka.
Karnataka-CET 2012 Contact Details
Address for the Karnataka CET 2012
Karnataka Examinations Authority
Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram,
Bengaluru 560 012, India
Email for Karnataka CET 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
Website for Karnataka CET 2012 - www.kea.kar.nic.in
When will be the Karnataka CET tests conducted?
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (K-CET 2012) is generally held in Month of April
Last Year Date for Karnataka CET 2012: last week of April, 2011
This Year Date for Karnataka CET 2012:
Kannada Language Test: Fourth week of April 2012
Common Entrance Test - End of April 2012
Who is conducting the Karnataka-CET 2012?
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) is the authority who conducts the Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2012 (K-CET 2012) .
What is the eligibility for applying Karnataka-CET 2012 for medical / dental courses?
The candidates who are applying for the Karnataka CET 2012 should have passed XII or equal examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB.
What is the eligibility for applying Karnataka CET – 2012 for B.E (Engineering)?
The candidates of the Karnataka CET 2012 should have passed XII or equal examination with English, Physics, Mathematics and any of the Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology with at least of 45% aggregate marks in optional subjects.
Pattern for Karnataka-CET 2012
• Total number of objective type questions will be asked in Karnataka CET 2012 is 120.
• The basic pattern for the Karnataka CET tests is, 50% questions from Physics Chemistry and the rest 50% questions of the CET are from mathematics/biology.
• The elective papers / subjects in the Karnataka CET can be Mathematics or Biology.
• The total marks of Karnataka CET are 240 and each of the subjects will be with 60 marks.
• There are two divisions in the Karnataka CET one of them is with Physics and chemistry subject questions and the second division of Karnataka CET is with Mathematics.
• Additionally there is a Kannada Language test which is a part of the CET.
• Are there any negative marks in Karnataka CET 2012? The answer is, YES. The Karnataka CET doesn't have the negative marks.
What are the courses of Karnataka CET 2012?
1. Karnataka CET 2012 - Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
2. Karnataka CET 2012 - Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
3. Karnataka CET 2012 - Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
4. Karnataka CET 2012 - MBBS
5. Karnataka CET 2012 - BDS
how to apply for the Karnataka CET 2012
Fees details for Karnataka-CET 2012
Where can we get the application form for the Karnataka CET 2012 exams?
The place from where we can get the application form for the Karnataka CET is all the Schools and colleges of Karnataka where those forms can be obtained by means of submitting the Demand Drafts worth of Rs 500.
• Further, about how to apply for the Karnataka CET 2012 is as follows, the candidates should fill the application form by either black pen or blue pen only. But in some mentioned areas of the application form, the candidates can use the shading type tools.
• There are some main eligibility for the Government seats during the Karnataka CET application.
• Another important thing to be noted during the time of applying for Karnataka CET is, the false information's providing in the application form will be taken seriously and the same issue will be treated as a criminal offence addition to the cancellation of the seat obtained by the fraudulent candidate application.
• There is no need for attaching any additional papers such as the mark list etc with the application form that the candidate sends..
Syllabus for Karnataka-CET 2012
Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Probability, Vectors, Statistics, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Linear Programming.
Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons.
Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton's Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves.
English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Composition, Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning.