NIMHANS 2012 PG Medical Entrance Exam Syllabus, Eligibility criteria, Reference books and Coaching institutes
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) conducts the NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam every year for choosing the best candidates for the post graduate programs offered in NIMHANS. This article gives you complete details about the courses offered
Syllabus for NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam
NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam consists of one single paper which contains multiple choice questions of objective type. Only the candidates who have a thorough knowledge of the subject will be able to perform well in this exam. All the papers in MBBS coverws the syllabus for PG exam in NIMHANS.
Duration of Courses in NIMHANS
• DM Degree in Neuroradiology: 3 years.
• DM Degree in Neurology: 5 years.
• MD/DNB in Internal (General) Medicine or Paediatrics: 3 years.
• DM Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and MD/DNB in Psychiatry: 3 years
• M.Ch Degree in Neurosurgery: 5 years.
• MS/DNB in General Surgery: 3 years.
• Ph.D in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Programme): 5 years.
Eligibility Criteria for NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam
• The candidates must have completed their graduate degree in medicine (MBBS) in any institution recognized from the Medical Council of India (MCI).
• The candidates must have passed with 60 percent of marks in their final examination.
How to Apply for NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam
• The candidates can obtain their NIMHANS PG Application form from the official website of NIMHANS –NIMHANS official website.
• The candidates need to fill in and submit the application forms online through the website.
• The candidates can also take a printout and then send the forms to the below mentioned address.
• The candidates need to enclose the Demand draft prescribed for the exam which has to be drawn in favor of the Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore-560029.
Cost of NIMHANS PG Application Form: Rs 1000/- for general candidates and Rs. 750/- for reserved categories.
Important Dates for NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam
• Availability of the NIMHANS PG Medical admission form (offline): First week of March, 2012
• Availability of NIMHANS PG Medical admission form (online): First week of April, 2012
• Final date for the submission of NIMHANS PG Medical form by courier or post: Mid week of April, 2012
• Date of NIMHANS PG Medical admission test: Last week of June, 2012
• Commencement of the NIMHANS PG Medical programs: First week of August, 2011/2012
• Final date for the NIMHANS PG Medical admittance of aspirants: Second week of August, 2011/2012
Exam Centers for NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam
There is only one exam centre for the NIMGHANS PG Medical Entrance exam in Bangalore which is as follows:
• Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bangalore
Contact Address of NIMHANS
Address: Director / Vice Chancellor, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560029, India
Telephone: 91-080-26995001/5002, 26564140, 26561811, 26565822
Website URL: NIMHANS official website
Reference Books for NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam
• Neuro Med
• Neurology India
• Synopsis of Psychiatry by Kaplan and Sadock
Coaching Centers for NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam
Below is the list of coaching centres within India which gives best coaching for this PG level medical entrance exam:
• Aakashdeep Academy
• Allen Career Institute, Kota
• Brilliant Tutorials
• CareerPoint, Kota
• Delhi Academy of Medical Sciences (DAMS)
• Dr. Bhatia Medical Coaching Institute, Delhi
• Elite Academy
• Mastermind Classes
• Naik Academy, Mumbai
• Narayana Institute for Medical/Engineering Coaching, Delhi
• Oasis Educational Services
• SDK Technologies
How and Where To Get the NIMHANS Results
NIMHANS Postgraduate medical entrance examination results can be got from the official website of the NIMHANS hospital NIMHANS official website.
NIMHANS Score Validity
NIMHANS PG Medical Entrance Exam score is valid for that specific academic year.